MINUTES OF A MEETING OF BUCKWORTH PARISH COUNCIL HELD THURSDAY 2 DECEMBER 2004, 8PM THE CRICKET CLUB
PRESENT Cllrs Whittaker (Chairman), Martin, Mrs Morrison, The Clerk, and 1 member of the public from 8.15pm
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE Cllrs Mrs Greed & Mrs Warrener
1.1 OPEN FORUM This lasted for 10 minutes and had been advertised on the agenda with the explanation that "members of the public may ask question or raise points on items on this agenda or for inclusion at the next meeting" no parishioner was present.
1.2 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST none
2. TO RECEIVE & APPROVE MINUTES OF THE MEETINGS 14 OCTOBER & 29 July 2004
Minutes of the meeting held 14 October were approved and signed. The July minutes could not be considered as not enough Cllrs were present who had attended that meeting. Referred to next meeting.
3. MATTERS ARISING Including footpaths & highways ...the gate for footpath no1 has at last been installed. The landowner of fp no1 has fenced the gap left between the gate and the wall and timber treated the gate. The Clerk continues to progress with the inspection and way-marking the Rights of Way Network. see also some items in F&GP
5. FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES including
5.1 Financial Report the Clerk produced a statement of the Budget Progress and receipts and payments, and a proposed budget for 2005-2006 based on items in the current budget.
5.11 Agreed that the Clerk's salary be increased in line with the recommended new pay scales from 1 April 2004 £8.819 per hour & £9.080 from 1 April 05. The increase to be paid from 1 April 2005
5.12 Trimming of the Trees in Churchyard, the Clerk had contacted HDC and been told that there would be no news of the proposed grant until the New Year. Proposals from around the District had yet to be "scored". Agreed that any grant towards this project would come from this Councils' contingency fund.
5.13 Setting Up and Maintenance of a Web Site for the Village, there had been 9 replies to the questionnaire concerning funding for the web site. 1 reply had been in favour the rest against. 1 suggested that the money would be better spent on a village sign. After the last meeting information had been received about a free village web site www.thelocalchannel.co.uk. The Clerk has been investigating it. It costs nothing to use but the web page has advertising placed on it. The Clerk had been trying to load local information onto the site but has experienced problems with her computer. However, hopefully these problems may now have been solved. Mr Neil Hateley, who lives in the village, has offered to design a web site with his class at Huntingdon Regional College. However, some cost may be incurred. Agreed that the Clerk further investigate both options and liase with Mr Hateley.
5.14 Grass Cutting..the years grass cutting has now been completed and a cheque raised for the final invoice. A proposal has been received from Fergusons that, in line with last year's discussions, a three-year contract is entered into. Next year would see no increase in prices; the following 2 years would be each subject to a 3% cost of living rise. Agreed that as long as the grass cutting is of a high standard this regime could be followed.
5.15 Training agreed that the Clerk should go on an accounts course run by CALC in February. The fee is £30. She reported that she is to attend an SLCC course on 3 December.
5.16 Subscriptions agreed as last year.
5.17 Based on the following figures produced by the Clerk it WAS AGREED that the Precept for 2005-2006 be £2932.50. The year end balance and the money for filing tax return on line to be added to the contingency fund as general fund reserves.
REMUNERATION £ 1833 £1117.50*
OFFICE EXPENSES inc rent, postage, etc £ 120 150.00
VILLAGE MAINTENANCE (grass\seat\bus shelter\notice boards\planting) £ 1278 1280.00
AUDIT £ 50 50.00
INSURANCE £ 275 200.00
SUBSCRIPTIONS £ 75 100.00
COUNCILLORS\ CLERK'S TRAINING £ 100 100.00
HIGHWAYS (rights of way maintenance etc) £ 120 130.00
SECTION 137 (GRANTS) £ 50 50.00
CONTINGENCY £ 50 200.00
PARISH PATHS 10 YEAR CELEBRATIONS (inc Pig Roast for village) £ 500 ----- Total £ 4451 £3377.50
* These represent new rate from 1 April 05 plus increase for previous year from 1 April 04 (£27.60).
ESTIMATED UNCOMMITTED BALANCES 31 March 2005 £150.76 *(see below)
This could be added to contingency to become "reserves"
Balance at end of year last year was £624 and was used as "income"
ESTIMATED INCOME 2005\2006
PARISH PATHS PARTNERSHIP (P3) £120
AGENCY GRASS CUTTING CAMBS CC £325 TOTAL £445.00
There should be slightly more income as the Government is set to give payments for doing end of year tax return on-line. The scheme starts for the financial year 2004\2005. Buckworth has already started by doing last financial- year's tax return on line.. First year's grant is £250 (£850 over 4 years)
THESE FIGURES GIVE A PRECEPT OF £2932.50 (£3392 2004\2005)
Bank Balances 2 December 04 £649.79* plus VAT refund £250.77 less £752.80 = £150.76
Accounts to Be Paid Before 31 March 2005\ Contingency Fund\Reserves
Grass Cutting\Village Maintenance £ 10.00
Rent (Cricket Club) 4 Meetings 80.00
Office Expenses £ 45.00
Training £ 50.00
Section 137 £ 50.00
Total £ 749.80
The Chairman signed the bank reconciliation on the statement.
5.2 PAYMENTS FOR APPROVAL & CHEQUES FOR SIGNING The following payments were approved and cheques signed 100246 AK & J Farms £135.13 (install gate footpath no1) 100247 Ferguson Grass Cutting £943.52 100248 CALC £30 Clerks Training.
5.3 Confirm Date of Next Meeting & dates for 2005 13 Jan, 24 Feb, 7 April, 19 May (AGM) 30 June
Agreed that where possible these dates be held
5.4 Police Report and Neighbourhood Watch news there had been a burglary from a shed in the village. There is to be a Huntingdon Police Sector meeting and a crime prevention meeting in January
6. NOTICES & CORRESPONDENCE Clerk and Cllrs went through each item.
Accounts & Specimen Budget see F&GP
1. Standards Board.......Dual- Hatted Members\Local Investigations Cllrs had received copies.
2. Cambs Fire Service...Refocusing Service....reply 17 Jan Cllr Martin
3. Diversity Forum (Hunts) Minority Groups Within Village none identified.
4. Cambs CC Corporate Plan......response required
5. P3 Bid for 2005 (submission date before 14 Feb) Clerk to ensure that no major problem exists and submit the form including the headland path cutting.
6. HDC ...New Planning System Representative to meeting on 9 December..Cllr Martin to attend.
7 HCSP...Rural Communities Crime Prevention Meeting 26 Jan to be advertised.
8. CALC training sessions 2005\ Bulletin and Questionnaire on Quality Status. Clerk to attend February Meeting. Items in Bulletin discussed. Quality Status not to be pursued.
1. HDC......up-date on Parish Trees...Manor Lodge Farm is to receive 50 trees.
2. Cambridgeshire Voice CPRE
3. Arts Diary Nov\Dec 2004 display.
4. Cambs CC....organising events on roads......file
5. Countryside Voice CPRE
6. CALC Quality Councils & Hunts District Association meeting 1 December
7. Countryside Services Team Annual Report
8. PARC Newsletter
9. Cambs CC Winter Gritting & Snow Clearing .......file
10. Environment Agency Flood Awareness Campaign 2004\2005
11. Royal Air force Alconbury...record of meeting of Local Liaison Committee 27 October
12. Local Council Review
13. Town & Parish Standard 02 news and up-dates
14. Rural Services Review
15. HDC changes to days for Rubbish Collection over Christmas & New Year
16. Local Council Review
The Meeting Closed at 9.30pm