PRESENT Cllrs Martin (Chairman), Mrs Warrener, Mrs Morrison, Mrs Greed & The Clerk, Hazel Cooper
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE Cllr Whittaker
1.1 OPEN FORUM . Members of the public may ask question or raise points on items on this agenda or, for inclusion at the next meeting. None present.
1.1 COUNCILLORS INTERESTS To receive from Councillors declarations as to personal and\or prejudicial interests and the nature of those interests in relation to any Agenda items. The Clerk reminded Cllrs of the need to review entries on Register of Interests. Cllr Mrs Warrener declared an interest on the item concerning the Parish Paths Partnership.Mr Warrener cuts the headland footpaths.
The Clerk had issued the notes prepared by HDC on declarations of interest to each council member.
2. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN
Chairman....It was agreed that Cllr Whittaker be Chairman (Cllr Whittaker had agreed that if nominated he would be prepared to accept office). Agreed that Cllr Martin be vice chairman.
2.1 Signing of Acceptance of Office by Chairman Agreed that the Chairman could sign his declaration at a later date.
3. ADOPTION OF STANDING ORDERS agreed these be adopted.
3.1 ADOPTION OF REVISED FINANCIAL REGULATIONS agreed these be adopted Clerk to issue a revised page in time for the next meeting.
4. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING 07 April 2005 Agreed these be signed as a true record.
4.1 MATTERS ARISING
Including footpaths & highways. Rights of Way network, May Day Walk, Internal Audit, Model Contract of Employment etc for Clerk. Declaration of Interest see item 1.1
The grant from the Parish Paths Partnership had been received, unfortunately this year it is only £100. (Mrs Warrener had already declared an interest in this item and took no part in this section). Agreed that the balance (£20) be found from reserves in order that the paths be kept up to standard.
The May Day walk had gone very well £76 was raised for the Air Ambulance. It was agreed that this amount be made up to £100 the Council providing £24 under section 137.
Cllr Martin has read through all the documentation concerning the Model Contract of Employment etc and will meet with the Clerk to finalise the recommendation to be made to next meeting.
5. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT on the Annual Parish Meeting held prior to this meeting. Cllr Martin reported that the meeting had been very poorly attended with no members of the public being present. Michael Lynch Chairman of Huntingdonshire Primary Care Trust had given a very informative presentation of the work of the Trust.
5a Clerk’s Report The Clerk reported that she had attended a seminar on the Code of Conduct at a meeting of the Society of Local Council Clerks and also the Annual Meeting of the Huntingdonshire Community Safety Partnership.
6. FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES including
6.1 Financial Report and presentation of End of Year Accounts, Completion of Annual Return Year 2004/2005 including Internal Auditors Report.
The Clerk read out the Internal Auditors Report. Agreed that the few minor points be addressed, one of them being a slight alteration to the wording of the Financial Regulations concerning Internal Audit. Confirmation when setting the next budget that reserves will be built up to 50% of the annual spend and verification of the number of hours worked by the Clerk. Also a slight alteration to the Health & Safety Policy.
Councillors and Clerk were complimented for taking on board all the new legislation and procedures over recent year.
Annual Return...the Clerk read out the Statement of Accounts & Statement of Assurance from the Annual Return which will be sent to the External Auditor by 1July. It was agreed that these be signed. Cllr Martin signed. The notice of audit was posted on the noticeboard on 17 May.
The Clerk then presented a statement of account for the current financial year up to 19 May including receipts up to end of April and cheques to date. The Chairman signed the statement. All items as per budget.
6.2 PAYMENTS FOR APPROVAL & CHEQUES FOR SIGNING
Paid between meetings....Buckworth Cricket Club 100255.. £100 (room hire for 5 winter meetings) Local Council Review 100256..£13.00. Signature at meeting.. H Cooper 100257..£75 Clerk’s expenses, CALC £35.50..100258 yearly subscription, Fergusons 100259... £247.92 grass cutting to date. CPRE 100260....£25 yearly subscription These payments were agreed and cheques signed by Cllr Martin, the Clerk will obtain Cllr Whittaker’s signature as soon as possible.
6.3 Confirm Date Of Next Meeting 30 June..confirmed
6. NOTICES & CORRESPONDENCE
FOR ACTION.....DECISIONS MAY BE TAKEN ON THESE ITEMS
1. Accounts for year 2004-2005 Including Internal auditors Report agreed item 6.1
2. Annual Return item agreed 6.1
3. East Midlands Regional Plan Consultation no action to be taken.
4. Parish Paths Partnership £100 grant see item 4.1
5. HDC Precept £2933 received. £331.58 Agency Payment Cambs CC Grass Cutting see financial report.
6. Cambs Constabulary Invitation to meeting 31 May ‘Reducing Crime & Disorder whilst reassuring communities through further development of Community Support Officers’ no one available to attend.
7. Trafalgar Weekend community involvement....to be further discussed.
8. CALC Second Liaison Meeting with HDC May 26 main topic planning. District Association explanation of function . Training sessions and Quality Councils....noted.
9. HDC Street Name Plates....further discussion on the need for more signs.
10. Cambs CC Local Community Support Officers Surgery 2005 26 June Alconbury noted and to be put on noticeboard.
1.Cambs CC Climate Change Strategy
2. Local Council Review (May 2005)
3. Cambs CC Corporate Plan...‘Cambs the next four years’
4 CPRE AGM & Cambs Voice newsletter of local branch of the Campaign to Protect Rural England
5. Clerks & Councils Direct
6. Public Consultation A14 Ellington to Fen Ditton scheme dates of exhibitions
7. Drug and Alcohol Services in Huntingdonshire
8. Harvest quarterly magazine ACRE (Action with Communities in rural England)
The Meeting Closed at 9.20pm